The Reinvent Retirement Retreat
CONGRATULATIONS! Retirement is coming…..That new chapter is just around the corner, and different questions, joys and concerns begin to emerge!
Once upon a time, retirement was easy. It was shorter and offered the illusion of a prolonged vacation, but for many only delivered a monotony of sameness that only gave shallow satisfaction. Now we are redefining retirement and looking for answers for how we will transition to the next chapter which may last 25-35 years.
WHAT WILL YOU DO MONDAYS – FRIDAYS, 9-5PM IN RETIREMENT? You are tired of the commute, long hours and having a boss—but thinking about how you will structure your day and do all day long is on your mind! Those that have a plan, and sense of purpose have a happier retirement!
BUT WHERE DO YOU BEGIN? HOW DO YOU DO THIS RETIREMENT THING?
As I approached my mid-fifties, I begin to experience life from a different perspective. I wasn’t just getting older. I was transitioning to a new life stage as were many of my mid-career clients. I starting thinking about how I would open space for new possibilities, tap in to my interests and learn new skills. It is the beginning and we are moving towards something. But many wonder what that something is.
As a career and retirement lifestyle coach, I have helped hundreds of clients discover their values, interests, and gifts to find purpose in their next chapter of their post-work life. I’ve seen clients go from teacher to entrepreneur, from business leader to giving back to abused children and many more stories.
For years we talk about things we want to in our life and they become the somedays. Guess what? Your someday can be TODAY. I find tremendous joy walking with my mid-late career professional clients as they truly discover what provides meaning and alignment with their skills and values.
WHAT IF YOU COULD DEDICATE AN ENTIRE DAY TO SELF-DISCOVERY, AND BEGIN THE JOURNEY TO PLAN THE RETIREMENT THAT IS JUST RIGHT FOR YOU!
INTRODUCING REINVENT RETIREMENT RETREAT
This is a one of kind, interactive program to build community and take you through the process which is usually done in a series of five weekly sessions. You will explore the following:
Module 1: What If you could live your Dream Retirement?
This is not your father’s retirement but a NEW RETIREMENT! Discover how to design a life rich with purpose, balance and meaning in your bonus years.
This module focuses on retirement mindset and takes you through self-discovery activities to start exploring your interests and perspective of retirement. This serves as a first step to start planning what your life will look like in your retirement. Exercises will guide and assess how ready you are to retire and begin to prioritize what is most meaningful.
In this module, you’ll:
- Exercises to be completed and shared with partner/significant other to begin the conversation and to identify the meaning of retirement.
Learn your own unique definition of retirement
- Look at your attitude and perception of retirement
- Discover where attitudes come from and complete the Retirement Options Attitude Assessment.
- Complete the The LifeOptions Profile™, which assesses retirement readiness across 20 lifestyle and attitudinal dimensions in six life arenas:
- Career and Work
- Health and Wellness
- Finance and Insurance
- Family and Relationships
- Leisure and Social
- Personal Development
Module 2: How do I disengage from my fulltime work/career and maintain my unique sense of self?
“I use to be a teacher, an engineer or a banker.” How will we reorient ourselves to a new identity? Where will we invest time and talents? What are the untapped options to consider for retirement?
In this module, you’ll:
- Discovery of your work personality type using Holland Codes activities
- Complete SkillScan™ exercises to identify skills you most enjoying using.
- Prioritize your top values and how you want to show up in your retirement lifestyle plan.
- Explore if you should or want to continue working
- Discuss options for working in retirement and then review Life Options Profile results to find your top 3 work preferences in retirement.
Brainstorm a list of options to explore based on talents, skills and values.
Module 3: Health and Wellness
How Can I Thrive; Not Merely Survive, in Retirement?
Long ago people retired because they were no longer able to work. There was a direct connection between health and retirement…no longer. Most Americans retire in good health and think in terms of “retiring to” new opportunities. As you look forward to new opportunities, taking care of your health will provide longevity and energy to all you want do!
In the module, you’ll:
- Learn the three levels of wellness: physical well-being, mental wellness and personal meaning
- Review the Life Options Profile section on Health and Wellness to see what your strengths and weaknesses are
- Complete exercises on personal meaning and discerning your purpose
- Develop a personal mission statement
- Complete exercise on What Blocks Your Vitality and What Gives You Vitality?
- Develop a wellness plan and how to live healthy
Module 4: Putting It all Together
This will be the concluding module for the day to wrap up your findings and develop your action steps for managing your transition.
- Final review of your Life Options Profile™
- Complete the exercise Honor Your Life Options Personality
- Develop a list of possibilities and develop your Retirement action plan
- Complete exercise: Always lead with your strengths
- Begin Your Vision depicting a lifestyle that you envision in your retirement. It can include things already in place and what is missing.
Join us for a one of a kind, ONE DAY RETREAT in Southern NH where you will explore:
- What does transitioning to this new phase look like?
- What is most important to me? What are my values?
- What excites me? What are my dreams?
- What fears do I need to address?
- What are my practical and personal needs?
- How will I structure my life?
- Where do I begin?